Saturday, June 8, 2013

GONE WITH THE WIND

So I was skimming through some things online and I came across a leather skirt, and it hit me: I have not seen much people wearing this anymore. I remember when it recently started trending, and every other fashionista had it on, even I, wanted to get one (which i never ended up getting) but now a couple months later, this trend is no more in vogue? gone so soon? I should think. Its so sad because i did not expect it to fade out so quickly, i felt it was a timely piece, one that was here to stay. Apparently i was wrong. I'm glad i did not end up making the purchase, because i definitely would not want to purchase something that would fade out of fashion even before I get a chance to rock it. Im not saying people still do not wear it anymore, i'm only saying it is not timely anymore.






leather skirt.




Some celebrities rocking the leather skirt trend left: Kim k, top right: Ashley Madekwe, right bottom: Katharine Mcphee)

To sum it up, Ladies and gentlemen, I know we all love to buy stuff that are in vogue or trending, but at the same time its very advisable to purchase a timeless piece, so you do not have to worry if it will go out of fashion. If your skeptical about purchasing a trendy item, wait a couple months to see if its still in the spot light before you dive in, especially items that you know that are kind of unique or weird looking, but people only wear because its trending, well unless you have an urgent need for it. I personally like to buy trendy stuff, but I like buying timeless ensemble more. For example, the pointy toe pump trend, looks like it is here to stay. I personally love it, I do not care if its going out or not, which i highly doubt, because it is indeed a timeless piece.

Pointy toe pumps
Checking in-- Hope you all have a good week ahead, I know I stated in my last post that my next post would be next weekend, but this was just a random and quick thought i decided to share with you guys.

                                                     Thanks for stopping by.~





No comments:

Post a Comment