Thursday, March 7, 2013

Style Guest: Meet Daisy.


Hello there! well its been a minute since I have been on here i know. February has been a very busy month for me, but i'm not complaining ;) i'm glad to be here now.
Well as you all know from my last feature titled ''meet Beverly" see it Here if you did not get a chance to read it before, I said i was going to add a new feature to my blog which is called "style guest", well i'm back again with a second episode of this feature  and i would be introducing another style guest today by the name Daisy. She would share with us some of her thoughts, styles and ideas . Below are some of the photos she was able to share with us, and also an interview session with her telling us a little about her style and fashion ideas. I thought this new feature would be fun for us all, because we learn new things everyday, and hearing from others is one step to getting different ideas :) Miss Daisy has some really cool thoughts and ideas which i think you all would find really cool and interesting. Hope you guys can relate to this and enjoy.



           

                  Meet Daisy
 sh

Styled herself


Sassy Princess: Hello Daisy
Daisy: hello

Sassy Princess: Thanks for joining us today on my blog as a style guest.


Daisy:its a pleasure


Sassy princess: I can see that in the photos you shared with us today, you have on about eight different outfits,  Can you please tell us a little bit about what you’re wearing in them?

Daisy:In the first picture, right there below I have on a lace top from HNM. A black ball skirt with a pink waistband by river island, my shoes are also from river island. I also have on a heart shaped neck piece which is not branded, but I got it from a good accessory store(diva's accessories) and lastly my bracelet, (utterly awesome babies) from Aldo.
Top;hnm
Skirt&shoes: River island

This second look is quite simple, I have on a playful ripped stone wash guess jean shorts, which I paired with a denim shirt and a pair of very comfy shoes. I particularly like this ensemble because its very comfy,chic and playful.
Jean: Guess

In  this third pic, I feel very bold and chic in a midi red dress from Zara, a pair of brown sandals, a bold statement necklace which I got on sale from my fav accessory store(divas store). I also particularly like the Archie girls lipstick I am wearing.
Dress: Zara




Here, I have on an ash colored bustier tucked into an asymmetrical polka dot skirt from top shop, and a brown leather belt over em. 


The fifth pic, i'm spotting a denim shirt paired with a brilliant yellow bandage skirt from mango, my leather belt from Aldo, and a pair of all stars. This is my fav outfit because apart from it's playfulness and comfort it displays my distinctive style.
Skirt: Mango
Belt: Aldo

In the sixth pic I have on a sleeveless denim jacket over a white shirt from top shop and I paired those two with a purple bandage skirt and my red and white clarks.

In the 7th pic right there I have on a white chiffon top which i paired with my amazing floral pants from Micheal Kors, white wedge sandals by lipsy and a vintage neck piece
Pants: Micheal Kors
sandals: Lipsy from littlewood.com

And last but not the least,here I have on what you would call a cocktail LBD, with an interesting pink cross back detailing behind, I paired em with black shoes from next and a bold statement necklace. I have no earnings on so I do not look too busy, but however my only accessory would be a bracelet from dannijo.


Please see the rest of the interview after the cut.



Sassy princess: Could you please share with us were you wore these outfits to?


Daisy: The first I wore out to a lunch date, 2nd one to the mall, third one I wore to church, 4th just to hang out, the 5th one I wore that to the beauty shop, 6th to the movies, 7th one I wore that to the bank, last one I wore out to a date then later on to the club.


Sassy princess: What inspires what you wear?


Daisy: A lot of factors do but basically the clothing has to look good on me and also comfy.

Sassy princess: How would you explain your style?


Daisy: Well style can give one a sense of Identity hence, i'll like to describe my style as bold, chic and most times out of the box. It must not necessarily have to be in vogue because style is really a personal thing. Hence I always love to make my own fashion statement.
Sassy princess: Where do you live?

Daisy: I live in eastern Nigeria

Sassy princess; Can you please tell us a little bit about the fashion scene in eastern Nigeria?

Daisy: It's a very fashionable city, people over here tend to wear clothes you can identify with(what's in vogue) mostly.


Sassy princess: Does….where you live affect what you wear? (Maybe the weather there or something)

Daisy: Yeah it does, definitely

Sassy Princess: Do you consider yourself a fashionista? That is, a fashion diva, or do you only dress up when there is an important occasion?

Daisy: Yes i definitely consider myself a fashion diva because I always stand out in whatever I wear, and because i always like to go out all the way.

Sassy princess: Are you passionate about style/fashion. Meaning, do you just go beyond the usual trend to create your own style? If yes could you tell us how you mix and match, or style yourself?


Daisy; Yeah definitely I am. Like i stated earlier for me fashion is a personal thing, i don't look at fashion as being the latest fad bag, or shoes on the runway. I don't want to look in the mirror and look bored. I just want try to make every ensemble mine by giving it just the right edginess, without overdoing it.

S
assy princess: Where are your favorite shops to shop for clothing and shoes?

Daisy: I'm not so particular about where to shop for clothing, if i like it i'm buying it. doesn't matter where.

Sassy princess: okay, so in today’s latest trend what pop look do you like/dislike?

Daisy:I like the evolution of the 80's look trend cause i'm very passionate about vintage clothing. And I can't be caught dead in yoga pants.
vintagey look

yoga pants


Sassy princess: What determines the outfit you buy?

Daisy:When i see something i like i try to mix/match it in my head, to know if it works for me and it'll definitely have to look good and be affordable.

Sassy princess: What item of clothing are you passionate about besides vintage as youstated previously?

Daisy: Shoes!

Sassy princess: Do you have any DIY designs (do it yourself)

Daisy:Yeah I do, those shorts in pic two, I ripped myself

Sassy Princess: Do fashion magazines and fashion blogs inspire your style in anyway?/ If yes, which ones?


Daisy: Yeah, Vogue Magazine and your blog

Sassy princess: why thank you, i'm flattered.

Daisy : Sure

Sassy princess: Who is/are you fav designers?

Daisy: Zara &Christian Louboutin

Sassy princess: Do you splurge on designer wears?

Daisy: No I don't because to me fashion doesn't always have to be all about Gucci or Dolce&Gabanna. One can still look fab without those.

Sassy princes: What is the most expensive item you have purchased(if you care to share)?

Daisy: i'm not much of a prudent buyer so I honestly can't remember.

Sassy Princess: Who are your Fav style divas in the entertainment industry?

Daisy: Rihanna and English recording artist Nicole Roberts because i can relate to their style, and I think Rihanna's personality is in sync with her style.

Sassy princess: What do you think any fashionista/stylist out there should know?

Daisy: Originality is important.

Sassy princess: Do you have any tips/words for my readers before you leave us?

Daisy: Remove the last accessory you put on before you leave the house,let's not keep it too busy. Remember, less is more!

Sassy Princess: Alright. Thank you so much Daisy for joining us today as a style guest and sharing some of your ideas with us. It was so much fun working with you.


Daisy: Your welcome Sassy. Hope to honor you again.

So guys you head em' more is less! and originality is important :) I second that. well i must say i really enjoyed this episode with daisy and my fav outfits from her collection above have to be picture 1, 7 and 8. Absolutely love the dress in both daisy.

Anyhoo hope this episode was interesting for you guys because it definitely was for me, if you would like to join us in this feature and be a style guest, you could just email me ok? :)
Hopefully would be doing more episodes of this feature.
Please do have a great weekend ahead!.
xoxo...





+

2 comments: